One of the most efficient ways to diagnose your car’s issues and provide quality auto repair is a computer diagnosis. Learn more about the vehicle diagnostics process that helps our experienced technicians know what’s going on with your car:
- Newer cars all have a Powertrain Control Module or PCM, which is the “brains” of the car. It can register when something fails or is off as a Diagnostic Trouble Code or DTC.
- With a scanner, the auto mechanic can look at the DTCs and start a diagnosis on your car.
- The codes are meant to illustrate if something out of the ordinary happened, not tell if a car part is faulty.
- Although the DTCs typically pick up on the car’s electronic issues, they can also indicate if something mechanical has occurred.
- The DTCs are read first, and then, based on those findings, mechanics might run more tests. This allows them to pinpoint the exact issue.
Interstate Automotive makes sure that your car is in the best hands possible. All of our car mechanics and technicians are continually educated to understand up-to-date computer issues that might show up during the diagnosis, including the codes for all newer cars.
Call us today at 360-754-4523.