Interstate Automotive in Olympia, Thurston, Lewis, and Mason County, WA is a full-service auto repair and maintenance business. We excel at providing comprehensive services for your vehicle, whether it’s domestic or import, to keep it functioning at its full potential.
The basic auto repair and maintenance services we offer are the following:
- Factory-recommended car maintenance service
- Mileage-based maintenance
- Ignition maintenance
- Oil, lube, and filter services
- Spark plug maintenance
Fuel Injector Valve
The fuel injection valve is a significant component of a vehicle; it increases gas mileage while decreasing air pollution by fluctuating the quantities of fuel and oxygen that mix together to supply power to the engine.
Any of these symptoms could indicate a problem with the fuel injector valve:
- Inconsistent power supply to the engine
- Decreased gas mileage
- Uneven idling
- Increased fuel scent
- Misfiring engine
Our auto repair technicians are able to diagnose and repair most fuel injector problems, including the most common ones:
- The fuel injector is dirty or clogged: Fuel additives and microscopic foreign objects can cause an insufficient fuel supply to the engine or even an inability to supply fuel altogether.
- The valve doesn’t open or close: Fuel additives or faulty parts can create clogs or buildup, often preventing the valve from opening or closing.
- There is leaking: If other parts aren’t functioning correctly, it can cause the fuel injector to overheat and fail.
The distributorless ignition system (DIS) eliminates many vehicular maintenance issues by increasing the time intervals between required services. The design of the DIS is unique: instead of including a main coil in the engine control unit, it actually has a small coil that is directly attached to each of the spark plugs. These small coils are advantageous because they provide the exact spark timing that is needed to efficiently power the car. If you have any concerns with your automobile’s DIS, give us a call and we’ll be happy to provide you with the unique auto repair services you need.
If you are interested in our services or have any questions or concerns regarding your automobile, call us at 360-754-4523. The automobile experts here at Interstate Automotive have years of experience in the auto repair business, so you can trust us to get the job done right and provide you with the peace of mind you need to get back on the road.